Wednesday 18 January 2017

Who Would Be On My Dream Author Panel?


A little bit of a different post today! I decided to create a post based on my dream author panel, who would I love to hear speak? Eventbrite  has an awesome campaign currently on dream author panels,  so I just had to join in the fun! If you're not familiar, Evenbrite is a site that allows users to create events and sell tickets to people! Honestly it's really cool and helpful :) So without further adieu, here's my dream author panel:

I'm going to call this panel: The Emily's Favourite's Panel. This is mainly because these authors don't really share a common theme other than the fact that they're all my favourites, so this is what the panel's theme is going to be!

I guess the panel would take place at Book Expo America in New York. This is because I really want to go to New York sooo badly, so if I were there and I'm seeing my faves, it'll be a win-win.

The moderator: I would have Evanna Lynch moderate the panel. She plays Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter series, and by far is one of my favourite actresses from the series. Idk, I would just love for her and my first guest to interact ;)

1. First, J.K. Rowling would be a must. She's my ultimate hero, and hearing her speak about anything would make me smile. I would especially love to get her advice for writing fantasies, since she's basically fantasy queen.

2.  Next, John Green. His books have touched me in so many ways and I would just have so many questions for him. Where is Hazel now? How is Margo? And more importantly: WHEN ARE YOU WRITING ANOTHER BOOK?

3. I would also love S.E. Hinton to be on the panel. She wrote The Outsiders, which remains my favourite classic book and a book I hold near and dear to my heart. This woman is so incredibly talented at what she does. I would ask her if we'd ever get an Outsiders reunion, maybe even with the stars from the movie.

4. Next, I would love for Maggie Stiefvater to make an appearance. I have so many questions about The Raven Cycle characters, and would love to ask her if there's any chance of a film adaption to this amazing series!

5. Last on my panel would be Rick Riordan. I've admired him for a very long time, and would just be completely fangirling over everything he's ever written. I would ask him also for a heroes of olympus film adaption, and who his favourite hero is.

This would be my dream panel! I can't imagine how i'd react if this actually came true, honestly I think I would cry.

What would your dream panel be? Thanks again Eventbrite!

Emily @ Paperback Princess

14 comments:

  1. Really interesting! I'd have to throw in awkward questions about representation if I was there though (oh yeah, she's a rebel,) (and has probably gotten herself banned from Emily's fictional event.) XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't be banned! All questions are valid at Emily's event and I would hope that she would answer it in the most appropriate and kindest way :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh imaagine if this actually happened ... JK Rowling, Rick Riordan and Maggie Stiefvater... I feel like this would end badly for me and I'd end up arrested or something for over eagerly asking a million questions haha! Loved this, good choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I honestly don't know how I would contain myself with these people all in the same room!

      Delete
  3. JK Rowling and Maggie Stiefvater! Yas, that would be amazing. I would probably add Rainbow Rowell, and Leigh Bardugo to that and make it like my favorite female writers. There are probably some people I'm leaving out. There's so many I would want to hear talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love Rainbow Rowell so hearing her speak would be a blast. And even Leigh as well! Honestly it was really hard to narrow down my choices.

      Delete
  4. NO panel would be complete without JK Rowling, imho, and OF COURSE John Green and omg, Maggie Stiefvater are a must too! I absolutely love that you chose Evanna Lynch as your moderator, Em! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruzaika! I knew I had to put JK first because she was a guarantee lol!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, those are really great choices. Maggie Stiefvater and JK Rowling are a must :) I think I would add Garth Nix to the list too though - he's one of my old time favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything from him! I'll check him out :D

      Delete
  6. Great list, I definitely have so many (so so so many) questions for John Green. I'd be there all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to meet Jennifer L. Armentrout so bad!! She's my favorite author and the reason I started blogging <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet! I loved the problem with forever :)

      Delete